Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Holiday wagons



With only 60 days left till Easter decorations start going out, I thought I'd share one of my inspirations for the upcoming holiday: Jan Brett's The Easter Egg (video link). I saw this delightful book in a Barnes & Noble last year and was enchanted by the story and ornate imagery.

I was especially excited when I saw the image of the Easter Rabbit being pulled in his wagon by a team of chickens. It reminded me of my late Mother, God rest her soul, who once wrote a short story about a chicken, as Santa Claus, being pulled in a red wagon by a team of hens serving as the equivalent of Santa's reindeer. My Mom's depiction of the 'Wagon of Christmas Cheer' (pictured above from this past Christmas) predated Jan Brett's wagon in 'The Easter Egg'. Great minds think alike, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment