Monday, May 27, 2013

July 4 Update

First off, Happy Memorial Day! May our Savior have mercy on the souls of all of our nation's fallen soldiers, and even on all 'enemy' soldiers as well.

The last couple of weeks, I've made some surgical strikes at JoAnn's and Michael's: garland, ornaments, spinners, fake flowers, bells, etc. I've been speaking with our local Goodwill organization and trying to organize the upcoming Independence Day celebration. I should have the details nailed down pretty soon.

In the meantime, here's a rough draft of Mr. Holidays' 1st Annual July 4 Yard Display:

In the front yard, I plan on decorating an artificial Independence Day Tree. Around the tree, I'll see if I can set up a big circle of sparklers, which will be lit at the appropriate time. Along the walkway leading up to the front porch, I will set up 6 tall shepherd's crooks with red, white, and blue lanterns hanging from them. In between, I will set up 4 short shepherd's crooks, each with a red, white, and blue set of bells hanging from them. Red, white, and blue spinners will be scattered nearby on the ground.

For those Goodwill residents who are able to attend, I will probably give each of them a party popper and candy-filled July 4 party cracker. For those who cannot, I'll deliver their goodies to the home a little earlier and let the staff members hand them out while the other residents are riding out to the display.

And of course, local family and friends will be invited to view the display and participate in the festivities if they so choose.

July 4 is only 38 days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment