Friday, September 14, 2012

70 Year-Old Yard Haunter

Halloween Stores Provide Early Start For Holiday Fun

Posted: Sep 14, 2012 5:19 PM EDT Updated: Sep 14, 2012 6:09 PM EDT
Around the area, Halloween stores are popping up and they're the perfect place for people looking for a new costume, or something more.

It may still be summer, but for avid Halloween fans like J. D. Parks, it's never too early to get a leg up on preparations for the holiday.

"I usually start shopping right after Labor Day, because that's when most of the Halloween stores open up, and my friend has a Halloween store too, the Illusive Skull, and that's when I start looking," said Parks.

And as Halloween stores open up around the area, there's plenty to find. Parks has scouted the area for years now and knows just where to find the things he wants for one good reason.

"I look around at the Halloween stores in Fairmont and Morgantown, and also Lexington, Kentucky to get ideas for my Halloween display, because I do a Halloween display for the kids in my neighborhood where I live in Fairmont," Parks said.

Read more here.


No comments:

Post a Comment